Tuesday, August 14, 2007

SERBIAN PROPAGANDA

SOCRATES: O Menexenus! Death in battle is certainly in many respects a noble thing. The dead man gets a fine and costly funeral, although he may have been poor, and an elaborate speech is made over him by a wise man who has long ago prepared what he has to say, although he who is praised may not have been good for much. The speakers praise him for what he has done and for what he has not done—that is the beauty of them—and they steal away our souls with their embellished words; in every conceivable form they praise the city; and they praise those who died in war, and all our ancestors who went before us; and they praise ourselves also who are still alive, until I feel quite elevated by their laudations, and I stand listening to their words, Menexenus, and become enchanted by them, and all in a moment I imagine myself to have become a greater and nobler and finer man than I was before. And if, as often happens, there are any foreigners who accompany me to the speech, I become suddenly conscious of having a sort of triumph over them, and they seem to experience a corresponding feeling of admiration at me, and at the greatness of the city, which appears to them, when they are under the influence of the speaker, more wonderful than ever. This consciousness of dignity lasts me more than three days, and not until the fourth or fifth day, do I come to my senses and know where I am; in the meantime, I have been living in the Islands of the Blest. Such is the art of our rhetoricians, and in such manner does the sound of their words keep ringing in my ears.
http://etext.library.adelaide.edu.au/p/plato/p71mx/menexenus.html

I have posted this part of this clasic because some of the Serbian commentarots


THESE ARE SOME TERMS THAT EVERYONE WHO IS INVOLVED IN THE SERBIAN -ALBANIAN CONFLICT MUST KNOW

· DYSPHORIC RUMINATION
· EXAGGERATED CONCEPTION OF CONSPIRACY
· SINISTER ATTRIBUTION ERROR
· HYPER VIGILANT SOCIAL INFORMATION PROCESSING

ASSOCIATED WITH
· COLLECTIVE PARANOIA
· MANIFESTED IN SOCIAL ALIENATION
· HEIGHTEN ANTAGONISM TOWARD OTHERS
· ATTITUDE OF HOSTILITY TOWARD THE OUTSIDE WORLD









Follow this link

hrcak.srce.hr/index.php?show=clanak_download&id_clanak_jezik=4768

5 comments:

Vincent Jappi said...

Here is another text for you, which debunk the Biggest Lie of All:
http://pasta.cantbedone.org/pages/1AA5eM.htm

Vincent Jappi said...

Here is another issue on which Serb propaganda invested much effort, one of the best-investigated crimes by Milošević and his ilk: http://pasta.cantbedone.org/pages/tdxjcG.htm
Do you have a particular reason to write "Propoganda" instead of "propaganda"?

Albiqete said...

Fran
Thank you for your comments and links. They are greatly appreciated.
As for the first post, it is just a rough draft so it is not revised yet great observation for the spelling. You are something. Keep checking my blog
I can give you another link, which is amazing.
hrcak.srce.hr/index.php?show=clanak_download&id_clanak_jezik=4768
And another one
http://www.arts.ualberta.ca/~ljubljan/bookreviews/Ramet.pdf

I am busy with other things so I do not have so much time to waste.

Vincent Jappi said...

To be sure, S. Ramet reminds us of a wild period :-)
The question will be now to what extent Western people, with access to alternative sources of information, can believe present Serb propaganda.

Peshkatari said...

Pune e mire, Albi! :) Also, thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. By working togeher, all of us can, if not stop the "Haters" altogether, at least put a hell of a good dent in their plans (which I do believe are ultimately the annihilation of the Albanian people). But just remember, as Jefferson said, "The price of liberty is eternal vigilance". So keep up the good work!